It might seem difficult to do and I thought the same but if you look closely at the dreadnought leg and envision how it operates and moves, it really isn't.

Cut leg as shown in picture. 

I find it's best to cut off leg from rest of the model first and then cut off lower knee areas.

This should be the result. It doesn't matter if you make a slight error as it is easily repaired with Green Stuff in the next step.

The hard work is done now. 

All you have to do is position the leg how you want. Have a little dry run first to make sure everything fits together. 

Then glue the two parts and fill any gaps with GS. Again, it doesn't have to be perfect as the lower part of the leg is hidden behind the armor plate. 

You can also add extra details like mechanics or plating if you wish. 

This is completely up to you, looks better in the long term but isn't necessary.

In last step, take whole leg and glue it to lower body. Add the foot and voilĂ ! 

Your dreadnought with a more dynamic pose is born and ready to tear up the battlefields!!



Let me show you this easy conversion, with connection from the Part 1. Picture below should be our goal.

The target appearance.

So first take dreadnought foot and cut as shown in the picture below. 

The front digit should be thickest so just even up both sides.

Cut off the other three and thin them at the sides a bit more than the main digit.

The rest of the foot should be thinned too, just follow the line around inner circle.

This should be the result of step 1. 

Now you need to position the rest of the digits. Try to follow original picture.

Now you need to fill all gaps and give the its foot final shape.

You can also add some minor details such as the plastic card panels. 

This isn't necessary as you cannot see these parts of the model clearly but spending a little time here will definitely add to the overall effect.

That pretty much concludes this simple conversion. 

If you want to do more feet like this I personally recommend, Instant Mold as it is easier and faster. 

See the copy I made below.

That's all there is to it, a drastic change for little effort.


Hot On The Wire.

Tutorial: Painting Warlord's Plastic Roman Legionaries

My friend Scott got very excited by my 28mm Roman project. So excited he's been amassing an army of his own. I have to paint them though...