Making use of the Army Painters range of Zombicide Warpaints we have a step by step guide for painting your Zombicide miniature.
In addition to the written guide we have also created a video that takes you through the steps from basecoat to finished miniature.
Below you can find the list of Army Painter Zombie Warpaints required for this tutorial.
- Skeleton Bone Spray Primer
- Filthy Suit
- Dead Black
- Dirt Splatter
- Survivor Skin
- Machine Gun Metal
- Brainmatter Beige
- Zombie Shader
- Jumpsuit Shader
- Survivor Shader
Get The Full Set Here
Vallejo And Citadel Equivalent Colors (In Order From Above)
- Vallejo Model Color: Green Grey
- Vallejo Model Color: Black
- Vallejo Game Color: Beastly Brown
- Vallejo Panzer Aces: Flesh Base
- Vallejo Game Color: Gun Metal
- Vallejo Model Color: Beige
- Citadel: Agrax Earthshade
- Vallejo: Red Wash
- Vallejo: Black Wash
I primed Phil using the Skeleton Bone Spray Primer as the miniature will consist of predominantly mid tones and the colour will serve as an ideal base for the shirt.
- The trousers, hair and wooden stock on the shotgun was painted with Dirt Splatter.
- The shoes, belt, gloves, epaulettes, arm patches and pocket flaps were painted with Dead Black.
- The skin on the face and forearms was base coated with Survivor Skin.
- The final base layer is the metal areas on the shotgun, belt buckle, pistol, buttons and badge we will paint these with Machine Gun Metal.
- The brown areas and the shirt were washed with Zombicide Shader.
- The skin was lightly washed over with a watered down Jumpsuit Shader.
- Finally, the metal areas were washed with Survivor Shader.
- The edges of the trousers, hair and wooden stock on the shotgun were highlighted with a 1:1 mix of Dirt Splatter + Brain Matter Beige.
- The shoes, belt, gloves, epaulettes, arm patches and pocket flaps were highlighted along the edges with a thin line of Filthy Suit.
- The creases in the shirt were highlighted with a 1:1 mix of Zombie Skin + Brain Matter Beige.
- Finally, the facial features and muscle definition on the forearms was highlighted with a 1:1 mix of Survivor Skin + Brain Matter Beige.
There we have the completed Survivor Phil. If you enjoyed this tutorial check out our previous Zombicide Tutorials below.