Well, I'm here to try to mend things between you and your leather cash clam.
Hey ya'll! If you're reading this article, it means that you are a cheapo just like your old friend Pimpcron!
I've had Surfing Scarabs scouring the web for free papercraft terrain and this is what they found. Ranked from Best to "Most-Meh". (That's a human ranking, right?)
Pictured is just my favorite of each of their products. It probably goes without saying that these can be printed from your home computer or taken to Staples, etc.
They should be printed on card stock or something similar. I used to print them on paper and glue stick them to manilla folders.
Still can't tell to this day. And way cheaper.
- http://imperiuswargaming.wordpress.com/painting-and-board-log/making-paper-terrain/ Pro: Very nice buildings for free. Plus all kinds of small additions, boxes, vending machines, arcade cabinet. Con: Nothing I know of.
- http://germy.co.uk/papermodels.html Pro: LOTS of stuff to download and it all seems sized appropriately. Con: . . . I’m not sure.
- http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/index_papermodels.html Pro: Really neat Sci-fi buildings and even tanks, etc. Con: None, really.
- http://www.buildyourownmainstreet.org/ Pro: Lots of buildings, mostly 28mm. Big selection. Con: Not all buildings are applicable. (Lincoln Tomb Necron building?)
- http://www.paper-replika.com/index.php?option=com_alphacontent§ion=10&category=67&Itemid=169 Pro: Really cool site with many different buildings to choose from. Con: Has many different sizes, so many will not be appropriate for 28mm.
- http://www.combatstorm.com/download.html Pro: Nice detail on buildings and sandbags, etc. Con: Small number of things to print.
- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fpm/archive Pro: Very nice quality. Con: Limited selection, all fantasy themed.
- http://www.davesgames.net/catalog-free-models.htm Pro: Nice quality. He also has some seriously kick ass papercraft you have to pay for. Con: Small selection of free stuff.
- http://www.stones-edges.com/freesamples Pro: Adorable free crates! Con: Small selection of free stuff.
Pro: Some nice Pokemon inspired buildings. Con: They have other stuff you have
to sift through to get to the Pokemon buildings. Also, It has prominent fold
lines and it is obviously Pokemon; but I really love the building shape. (Print it gray scale?)