Now don't expect miracles, this is the first figure I've ever painted beyond an undercoat and basecoat. Mistakes were made, mistakes are good for me I think. Well, as long as I understand and you guys make me aware of the mistakes. Any and all criticism will be received with a smile and thankyou sir.
So here it is with a plasticard IronJaw the guys over on Dakka helped me out with.
Some points I need to focus on for the next run of 10 boyz.
- An extra layer of warboss green. It's chalky and the coverage isn't perfect.
- Less depth to the skin shadows - this should be remedied by the fix above.
- Less shade! I actually caked it on too much and ended up with shiny shading between the trouser folds.
- Tidy up the fine lines. They are uneven and too thick.
- Darker on the shirt. I want the shirt a shade darker.
- Drill out the barrel. Easy fix, I have a dremmel.
- Get RID of the yellow. It looks awful, so it'll be phased out for more metal or bone color.
Now I have a question on Glazes. Many of the colors come with glazes, red, yellow, green, blue.
Whats the deal with black? Is it a case of really watered down black over the top to bring the highlights together? Or do I use some other method to *hide* my amateur paintwork.