Yes, you did read that correctly. It seems the old schedule everyone was using to follow for the releases this year is no longer valid and has been chucked out the window because of it. We're now looking at Tyranids not in January or February of 2014 but in November this year. So let's see what the Hive Mind has given us thus far on our favorite endless swarm.
Predicted Release: November 2013
- Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy.
- Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.
- Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentative powers.
- Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricey.
- Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.
- Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
- Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.
- Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.
- Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.
- Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options.
- New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.
- Carnifex - significant cost reduction
- "Big Bug" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW
- Harpy - "Roughly the size of the Heldrake. Pretty much looks like the picture in the current codex."
- Tyranid Prime (Finecast)
- Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)
- Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)
- Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)
- Mycetic Spore
- Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.
- "Large plastic monstrous creature" - "the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord"
The dual psychic powers thing makes me thing of the Eldar method of having two sets of powers and it fits into the idea of the Tyranids very well in my mind. I was a little skeptical of the "Big Bug" rumors, but the inclusion of rules makes me consider it possible. I do wonder if it'll push the Tervigon into being a Troops choice instead of an HQ choice though.
So what do you think about the new Tyranid rumors? Love them? Hate them? Anything you hope makes it into the book? Let us know!